- August 11, 2020
- Posted by: Editor
- Category: Law
Canada is one of the largest countries in the world by surface and those who want to immigrate here have plenty of choices when it comes to cities, towns, or even quiet and remote locations. However, nothing compared to important cities that offer multiple business and employment opportunities. One of these cities is Quebec.
Those who want to migrate to Canada can safely choose Quebec as their destination. Below, our lawyers explain the main types of visas and procedures associated with obtaining them for those interested in Quebec immigration.
Immigration to Quebec – types of visas available
Citizens of all nationalities are welcome to move to Canada and those who are keen on Quebec immigration can consider the following types of visas:
- work visas which can be obtained by those who seek employment in Quebec;
- student visas for young persons interested in studying in universities in Quebec ;
- permanent residence visas for which specific requirements must be met for different categories of applicants;
- business immigrant visas that can be obtained by entrepreneurs who want to run their own companies in Quebec;
- express entry programs – specific requirements apply to those who want to immigrate to the province of Quebec.
Our immigration lawyer in Canada can offer detailed information on general visas that can be obtained when moving to Quebec. Also, if you are interested in Quebec immigration through one of the express entry visas, you can rely on our law firm.
Quebec immigration through the Skilled Workers Program
One of the most sought immigration programs in Quebec is the Skilled Workers Program (QSWP). Under this scheme, foreign citizens can move to Quebec provided that they have the necessary skills and qualifications sought by local companies.
There are various aspects to consider by those who want to immigrate to Canada based on this program. The first and most important one is for the applicants to want to move and live in Quebec. Then, they can enter the application procedure which is based on various requirements and a point-based system for the allocation of visas. The factors considered by the Quebec immigration authorities are education, work experience, language proficiency, age, financial resources, spouse, and age of the children. The authorities will also consider if the applicant has other family members living in Quebec.
Applicants must obtain at least 52 points out of the maximum of 59. These should also know that the official language in the province of Quebec is French.
Quebec immigration through the QSWP leads to permanent residence in Canada. With the help of our Canada-based immigration law firm, relocation to Quebec can be simplified.
Documents required for Quebec immigration through the SWP
In order to immigrate to Quebec, applicants must prepare a file with the following documents:
- the application form;
- the dependents declaration;
- the background declaration;
- the Intent to Reside in Quebec declaration;
- travel information;
- other supportive documents.
Our immigration attorneys in Canada can handle the submission of the forms with the Quebec Immigration Office on behalf of applicants. For this, we will need the use of a representative declaration.
Moving to Quebec
Persons who have applied for Quebec immigration through the QSWP will be contacted by the authorities if they have been selected for the next phase of the relocation procedure. This can imply an interview, a medical examination, or additional information, as well as biometric information. Once all the formalities are completed, the government will send a Confirmation of Permanent Residence and the permanent residence visa.
It should be noted that the Quebec immigration procedure can take more than one year to complete. If you need assistance, you can rely on our immigration lawyer in Canada for assistance during the process.
Why immigrate to Quebec?
Quebec is one of the most important provinces in Canada from an economic point of view. Quebec is the 11th largest city and the 7th largest metropolitan area in the country which is why it attracts a great number of migrants every year.
Those interested in Quebec immigration should also know that:
- the largest number of immigrants came to Quebec between 2012 and 2013 (around 56,000 foreign citizens);
- immigration number spiked again between 2015 and 2016 when 55,000 foreigners moved here;
- in 2019, more than 44,000 foreign citizens migrated to Quebec;
- in the first quarter of 2019, Quebec had more than 8,4 million inhabitants.
If you are interested in immigration to Quebec, please contact our law firm in Canada.