- August 11, 2020
- Posted by: Editor
- Category: Law
Canada is a very appealing country to move to for British nationals, especially because of the lack of speaking barriers, as English is a common language for both states. Those who decide to immigrate to Canada from UK will have plenty of benefits, including the possibility of moving here under a special visa scheme dedicated to young persons.
Below, our immigration lawyers in Canada explain the main types of visas available when moving here from the United Kingdom. If you want to immigrate to Canada from UK, our specialists are at your disposal with various services that will ease the relocation procedures.
Types of visas for British citizens immigrating to Canada
Canada is one of the most appreciated nations in the world when it comes to the visas available for immigrants from all types of countries. For those who want to immigrate to Canada from UK, there are several visas they can apply for in accordance with the reason for relocation. Among these, the most popular are:
- the Skilled Workers and Professionals Scheme which is can be obtained by those who obtain employment offers here;
- family sponsorship visas are also available for those who have relatives living in Canada;
- the Provincial Nominee Schemes which allow UK citizens to move to desired provinces in Canada (they usually choose English-speaking provinces);
- the Business and Investor Migration Schemes which are available for those who want to open companies in Canada;
- the Quebec Skilled Workers Program which is one of the most sought employment schemes in Canada;
- the International Experience Canada which allows for temporary relocation of maximum 2 years.
Based on these options, immigration to Canada from UK can become easy. It is good to know that most of the programs presented above are based on a point-based system.
Our immigration lawyer in Canada can advise on the visa application procedure in accordance with the type of residence permit one wants to apply for.
How to immigrate to Canada from UK based on employment visas
One of the often-employed means of immigrating to Canada from the UK is through a work visa. Thanks to the variety of programs one can migrate to Canada under, applying for an employment visa is rather easy, as the procedure will be completed by the Canadian employer.
In order to obtain a work visa as a UK citizen, one must enroll with job listings websites in order to find a suitable job offer, then go through the point-based assessment system and apply for the selected job. Once the person has obtained a job, the immigration procedure can begin.
Those who want to immigrate to Canada from UK under one of the current employment programs can rely on our law firm.
Family sponsorship as a way of immigrating to Canada from UK
When interested in immigration to Canada, a UK citizen who has family members living here can relocate through sponsorship. The requirements are very relaxed, as the sponsor does not need to be a Canadian citizen, he or she only needs to be at least 18 years old and a permanent resident of this country.
Our immigration attorneys can help those who want to immigrate to Canada from UK under a sponsorship visa.
Moving to a specific province in Canada
Immigrating to Canada from the UK under the Express Entry Program is one of the fastest ways of obtaining a residence permit for this country. Through this scheme, British citizens can enter one of the provincial schemes mentioned above and move here based on the employment contracts they sign with Canadian companies in the respective provinces.
The Provincial Nominee Scheme is one of the programs under which a UK citizen can immigrate to Canada provided that he or she is nominated (hence the name of the program).
If you need more information on how to immigrate to Canada from UK under this program, our lawyers are at your service.
British citizens living in Canada
If you need assistance in choosing a scheme under which you can immigrate to Canada from UK, our lawyers will provide tailored advice in accordance with your purpose.
According to a study completed by the United Nations and cited by propertyguides.com:
- the number of British citizens relocating to Canada has increased by 7% in 2017 compared to 2016;
- in numbers, 5,800 UK citizens migrated to Canada in 2017 compared to 5,450 persons in 2016;
- among these, 405 British citizens have obtained permanent residency in Canada in 2017;
- Ontario has the largest community of British citizens, with more than 260,000 residents.
If you want to immigrate to Canada from UK and need assistance, please contact our law firm.