Polish citizens who want to move to Canada have several options in terms of residency. These are available for temporary or permanent residence purposes, which is why choosing the right path is essential when starting the immigration process.
If you are a Polish national seeking residency in Canada, this guide is for you. In it, you will find the most important aspects regarding immigration as well as information on how our lawyers can help you establish yourself here stress-free.
Table of Contents
Immigration options for Polish citizens
If you want to immigrate to Canada from Poland and do not know what route to choose, here are some of the most attractive ones for nationals from Europe:
- the Express Entry Scheme, which is one of the fastest and comes with direct permanent residency for Canada;
- the Provincial Nominee Program, which enables you to settle in the province you want, provided you meet the eligibility requirements;
- the Start-Up Visa Scheme which will suit you if you are an entrepreneur interested in having your own business in Canada.
Apart from these, provinces like Quebec and Alberta have their own residency schemes. Our immigration lawyer in Canada can guide you in choosing an appropriate program. You can send us a few lines via email, so that we can properly guide you.
The Canada Experience Class as part of the Express Entry Stream
If you have decided to relocate to Canada from Poland through the Express Entry Scheme, the Canada Experience Class sub-category might prove a good choice for you.
Polish employees and students may use their experience working and studying in Canada to apply for residence permits under the Canada Experience Class program. If you already have temporary status, the scheme is the quickest path to permanent residency in Canada.
Among the advantages of this program we can mention the following:
- applications are handled fast because there is less documentation that must be submitted (the usual response time is 3 to 3 months);
- you will receive more CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) points than candidates in other categories;
- you do not need to submit proof of having sufficient funds to sustain yourself.
Please mind that this program is best suited for people who have already studied or worked in Canada for a minimum period of one year. Under the same scheme, you can apply for the Federal Skilled Worker and Federal Skilled Trade categories.
Once you decide on the program you want to apply for, do not hesitate to get in touch with our immigration lawyers in Canada for guidance.
Immigrate to Canada from Poland as an entrepreneur
You may be eligible to immigrate to Canada through the startup visa program if you are an entrepreneur with a unique business idea.
As a Polish entrepreneur, you have the opportunity to move to Canada via the startup visa program in order to launch a new business. You must show that your idea is innovative, create new job opportunities for Canadians, and compete on a global level.
If you are interested in citizenship in Canada, you can rely on our lawyers for support with your application.
How many Polish citizens live in Canada?
According to recent news published by a Canadian magazine, in 2022, 510 Polish citizens were granted the status of permanent residents. According to the latest census and other information:
- at the level of 2016, around 1 million Canadian citizens claimed to have Polish ancestry;
- more than 500,000 citizens with Polish roots lived in Ontario at the end of 2021.
If you want to immigrate to Canada from Poland, please contact us. We are also at your service if you are interested in immigration to Canada from the USA.