- August 11, 2020
- Posted by: Editor
- Category: Law
Thanks to Canada’s relation with Australia, moving here as an Australian citizen is easier compared to being a national of another country seeking to immigrate to Canada. The two states have great economic relations, as well as the fact that both countries are members of the Commonwealth.
There is also a great community of Australians in British Columbia, which makes the integration of those who immigrate to Canada from Australia easier.
If you plan to move here from Australia, you can rely on our immigration lawyers in Canada for assistance during the entire procedure.
Services for those who immigrate to Canada from Australia
If you are interested in immigration to Canada as an Australian citizen, you can rely on our lawyers who specialize in offering assistance in various matters. Among these, our Canada immigration law firm can help with legal advice on choosing an appropriate type of visa, including moving here under special agreements of the two countries, support during the application procedure and after the relocation.
If you plan to immigrate to Canada from Australia, you will benefit from full relocation services in order to settle here as easy as possible.
Visas available for Australian citizens moving to Canada
There are various types of visas, one can apply for if interested in immigrating to Canada from Australia. Here are the most common ones:
- the Federal Skilled Worker Scheme which is available for those who come here based on work visas;
- the Federal Trade Worker Scheme under which an Australian citizen can obtain an open work permit
- the Canadian Experience Class which is also available for those who want to immigrate to Canada for employment-related cases;
- the Working Holiday Visa which benefits from special conditions for Australian citizens moving to Canada temporarily;
- family sponsorship visas, considering the important number of Australian citizens living here.
If you decide to immigrate to Canada from Australia based on any of the programs, respectively family reunification visa, you can rely on our attorneys who can help with the paperwork. You can also rely on us if you need support in moving here for starting a business.
How to immigrate to Canada from Australia under the Working Holiday Visa Scheme
Even if the Holiday Working Visa allows for temporary immigration to Canada from Australia, applicants should note that they benefit from special conditions compared to citizens of other countries.
Among these conditions, one must know that Australia is the only country in the world for which Canada does not impose an annual quota for the issuance of working holiday visas. The program allows Australian citizens with ages between 18 and 35 (included) to move to Canada and work here for maximum 2 years.
The main benefit of this program is that, after working here, an Australian citizen can immigrate to Canada under the Canadian Experience Class Program. This scheme requires a foreign citizen to have worked in Canada for at least 12 months within a timespan of 3 years under a valid work permit and in one of the National Occupational Classification. The accepted occupations are type 0, A and B.
If you plan to immigrate to Canada from Australia under any of the two programs, do not hesitate to ask for more information on their requirements from our lawyers.
Documents to consider when immigrating from Australia to Canada
Persons who plan to immigrate to Canada from Australia must prepare various documents, however, the following are required no matter the type of visa requested:
- the identification document and passport;
- the language test which is mandatory no matter if the province to move to is French or English-speaking;
- the education assessment;
- the National Occupational Classification code;
- a medical certificate;
- a clean criminal record;
- biometric data.
Applicants are also required to make sure that their IDs and passports do not expire during the processing of the documents.
If you want to immigrate to Canada from Australia, you can also request our lawyers to verify your documents prior to starting the application procedure.
Why immigrate to Canada from Australia?
Canada and Australia have a long economic tradition consisting of trading, educational and bilateral investment agreements. According to CanadaInternational:
- in 2018, the trading relations between Canada and Australia stood at 4.1 billion USD;
- in the same year, Canada exported goods worth 2 billion USD to Australia;
- Canadian direct investment in Australia was valued at 31.2 billion USD in 2018;
- student exchange between the two countries rises to 2,000 per year.
If you want to immigrate to Canada from Australia and need assistance, please contact us.